Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Great Ones

Whenever we make our list, we always envision someone who, once they get involved will explode our business! We are absolutely certain that this man or woman will be a huge business builder! Just that person and two more just like them and we can retire! We are all set!

In my limited experience RARELY is that ever true. Almost every network marketing guru will tell you, " You can't pick a winner. You can't be sure who the stud is. Recruit without prejudice. Many many times the dud will really end up being the stud."

Still I think it's ok to have a wish list just don't get too wrapped up in it. If that person isn't interested right now ( with RIGHT NOW being key) don't sweat it. Go on to the next person. There's a VERY good chance they weren't "The GREAT One" anyway.

Ok...ok... I'll be honest.  I currently have my hopes on three guys right now. They've all seen intro videos and two of the three  have shown interest. I'm hoping but I'm a lot more realistic than I was when I started my business 10 yrs ago. I'm not waiting on them. I'm going to keep making new contacts all the while continuing to give my three hot prospects exposures (varies ways of presenting my business to them) until they make a decision.

As long as they are open to my presentations... ( videos, business briefings, luncheons etc) then I will keep inviting them to functions.  It can take some recruits 5 or more exposures to make a decision.  I know when I was introduced to my business I didn't sign up immediately.  I did get excited about the business eventually and soon it turned into a great commitment. 

So I know it can happen.  As long as the prospect keeps answering your calls and continues to show interest, keep giving him things to look at.

That's another reason why it's vital to be working with many people at the same time.  It stops you from looking anxious (and being anxious) to your   recruit.  You should always appear to be excited, and positive about your business but never desperate! 

I want to send off an air of, "I would love to have you as a teammate but if this isn't for you, it's going to be your loss."

The only way you can be 100 percent certain of that persona is to actually feel that yourself.

Having many potential "great ones" in your hopper helps a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment